24 February 2009

VoLcAnO NeArLy eRuPtEd!

Feeding Kayden is proving to be a difficult task nowadays. Before he would just sit down in his baby chair and let me feed him. Now, he would throw tantrums, cry out loud and sometimes climb out from his chair.

Today, the nanny and I have tried means of ways to make him sit and enjoy his meal but he just doesn't want to eat, which made me quite frustrated as I was not having a good day...... Kayden cried out, wanting this and that and even tried to climb out from his chair (I think it's probably because he's also wanting to take his nap as he woke up quite early this morning). However, in the end, I managed to feed him (I played his favourite Mickey Mouse programme).

Later, when he took his nap, I just sat and watched him.... When he sleeps, he looks so angelic that I feel like wanting to pinch his cheek. As for my husband, he would hold his finger and smile while watching him sleep ... Just looking at him sleep is one of the most beautiful moments of being a parent.

1 comment:

  1. Children needs attention. If he noticed you got angry i.e. in their dictionary "show more reactions", they will respond in two ways i.e. motivate them to scream and misbehave more because they thought that's one good way to get your full attention. On the other hand, they may feel threatened and will keep quiet from then onwards.

    Both reactions are not ideal, so answer is you should (1) be patient and (2) soothe him by explaining. For example, if he screamed, you carry him for a while and when he quiets down, you attempt to explain his behavior was incorrect.

    Many parents react by scolding and/or beating, and that provokes them to be either (1) more rebellious; or (2) stop talking. So, you should (1) be patient and (2) explain at appropriate time.

    Try research for "Child Development" on internet. I studied these in uni 2nd year.

    ReplyDelete