05 March 2011

DiFFeRenT DreSS CoDe

Today is my first day of work at St. Andrew's School and I was surprised to know that we, teachers, are not allowed to wear long slack pants to work unless it is part of your traditional costume. During my years in Chung Hwa Middle School, there has never been such a rule except that we can't wear mini-skirts or skirts whose length are above the knee cap, slippers, transparent blouses nor sleeveless blouses...


So I had to go make some baju kurung and baju fashion to wear to work. Luckily I found a tailor who charges cheap and his workmanship is quite good. I also have to teach Physical Education which means I have to wear a track suit and long pants when teaching PE.

Sigh... $ has yet to come into my pocket but now, it's going out - on clothes and school stationery...

No comments:

Post a Comment