16 November 2009

My Very Own Hard Cover Book

One of my assignments for this semester was to make a hard cover book. I have done a paper bag book, a big book but never a hard cover book... It might look easy to do but trust me, it's not!
One of my friends even approached a book store to ask for help. It costs nearly $90 to do a hard cover book (printing plus binding and a glossy hard cover). Just imagine if we were to go out to a book store to buy a hard cover book - I doubt it will cost that much.
I thought through for nearly a week till I came up with the solution. Instead of using cardboard papers, I used envelopes where there are sponges inside. After struggling for two long days, I managed to produce a hard cover book. I think I did a fair job out of it.












No comments:

Post a Comment