28 February 2011

LaTesT DisH - aYam MasaK MeRaH

This morning, I drove Mama and Jacq-che to Times Square to check whether Sam's new hair saloon is open for business for Mama wanted to wash her hair. As it was not open, we decided to hang out at the Food Court while waiting for time to pass by as we have to pick Kayden up from school in an hour.


Jacq-che's long awaited Kopi Tarik is found - we have been searching for it everywhere and it seems that they only have Kopi and not Tarik! Whereas, Mama and me found Teh Tarik India which tasted very smoothing compared to other coffee shops. We browsed around the food court and was amazed to see many wonderful dishes - the green vegetables looked so fresh and the other dishes were just as tempting as they were. there's Japanese food, Malay Cuisine, Vietnamese Pho, Interenational Nasi Lemak, Dim Sum and even Lei Loi Fatt! The prices too were reasonable and cheap!

Mama ordered some dim sum while I ordered 'pucuk' and ayam masak merah - I just couldn't resist trying them. I fell in love with the dish and told myself that I am going to try and create that dish myself. In the afternoon, I went and searched the internet for different recipes to cook ayam masak merah and combined them to create a perfect dish!

Doesn't it look scrumptious! ;-p



The above dish is also another dish I found while surfing for the ayam masak merah recipe. It's actually Fish Sauce Sausage and Cucumber Fried Rice. It's the first time I tried cooking rice with cucumber and it tasted crunchy. Wonderful colour combination, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment