31 January 2009

Temper tantrum

Lately Kayden has been, how should I say it, throwing tantrums? He doesn't want to change his diapers nor want anyone except me to carry him. He's doing things we don't want him to do and not being cooperative { I doubt Kayden understands this word }. Sometimes he cried out so loud till my MIL came running into the room, asking what had happened...

" WHAT AM I TO DO? " - that's the question that has been on my mind lately! All these experiences are new to me, a new mother...


Luckily, later that afternoon, I've got my answer. As I was browsing through the tv channels, I came across a programme about toddlers and their behaviours on "Home & Health". At that instant, I thank God for answering my prayers. The topic was on " Surviving temper tantrums ". They said that this is very common for toddlers from the age of 1 to 4.

What we, as mothers can do, is to first UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS... The main point to remember is that we have to BE PATIENCE - DO NOT SCOLD THEM even though it is difficult to figure them out... And always remember NEVER REWARD A TANTRUM!


I learned a lot from that programme. So next time if he were to throw a tantrum, I'll know what to do { fingers crossed } :P

Like I always tell myself - Enjoy this time. It's very short. It's an opportunity to watch him be enchanted with the world and be curious with everything around him. Do not have too much expectations as he is just learning too...

No comments:

Post a Comment